Federal Pharmacy Partner (FPP) Program
- Providers who are participating in the Federal Pharmacy Partner (FPP) Program.
- You are ready to setup and report inventory through the COVID Locating Health Portal.
COVID Locating Health provider portal accounts are established with the provider point of contact’s (POC) email address as the user account. The POC email address used is the address submitted to the Immunization (IZ) Data Lake by the Federal Pharmacy Partner in their Pharmacy Enrollment file upload. Pharmacies may update email addresses for contacts by updating the Pharmacy Enrollment file and submitting the file to the IZ Data Lake.
- Federal Pharmacy Partners may upload updated Pharmacy Enrollment files as often as desired, although most partners have indicated that they will only be uploading new files intermittently or twice a month.
- You will receive registration instructions by email to the provider POC email address submitted in the Pharmacy Enrollment form for both new and updated contacts.
- Exception: If the new contact submitted in the Pharmacy Enrollment already has a COVID account, the account will be automatically updated to include the new location.
For Federal Pharmacy Partners updating their Pharmacy Enrollment files with email address update requests:
- Requests to update the organization’s POC (Section A address) will need to be made to the org_covid_email field of the Pharmacy Enrollment file.
- Requests to update the provider location’s POCs (Section B addresses) will need to be made to the loc_primary_email or loc_backup_email fields of the Pharmacy Enrollment file, depending on if the primary or backup location POC is to be changed, respectively.
(jurisdiction and federal VTrckS PINs)
Please note the following updates to inventory reporting with the launch of the Federal Pharmacy Partner transfer program:
Note for sFTP reporting pharmacies: If your automated feed (sFTP) is in production and you are sending inventory data to VaccineFinder under your federal VTrckS PINs, please note that any stores that were previously supporting state allocations will no longer need to maintain inventory manually through the COVID Locating Health Portal.
Some stores may have two VTrckS provider PINs (state and federal) for the same location if they are supporting jurisdiction allocations. The sections below detail how stores manually reporting to VaccineFinder via the COVID Locating Health Portal will be able to differentiate between a jurisdiction VTrckS provider PIN and a federal VTrckS provider PIN for the same location through the current available options for submitting inventory in the provider portal.
Pharmacies reporting centrally at the organization level or via an automated report (sFTP) should report inventory for all stores under their federal VTrckS PINs only.
If a pharmacy is submitting inventory using the Upload File method, they will click the
Upload Filetab on the
Update Vaccine Inventorypage. Stores supporting jurisdiction allocations will see an additional location included when they download their
blank template.csv file:
Screenshot of Update inventory page
The ‘VTrckS PIN’ column in the .csv file will list the VTrckS PINs for the locations:
- Jurisdiction PINs will include the three-character Grantee Code as the prefix, followed by the six-character Provider PIN (e.g., ALA000123, SCA 1234).
- Federal PINs will include the three-character organization ID for the pharmacy, followed by the six-digit store number padded to the left with zeros (e.g., AB1000001).
If a pharmacy is submitting inventory using the Log Manually method, they will click the
Log Manuallytab on the Update Vaccine Inventory page. Stores supporting jurisdiction allocations will see an additional location listed with the same address, and will be able to distinguish between federal pharmacy locations and state or jurisdiction supported locations on the portal as follows:
Image showing how the Federal and State pins look different on the log manually screen
- Federally designated locations will include the organization name + store number (e.g., ACME Pharmacy #123).
- Jurisdiction or State designated locations will only display the provider location name (e.g., ACME Pharmacy – Town).
Some pharmacies may have an existing VaccineFinder account for reporting seasonal and routine vaccine availability. All COVID-19 vaccination providers will need to create a new account in the COVID Locating Health Provider Portal specifically for COVID-19 vaccines. Creating a COVID Locating Health Provider Portal account is a separate process that is completed through the Federal Pharmacy Program.